Friday, August 20, 2010

Oh the ears...

So we had our follow up appointment on Wednesday with the audiologist and ENT doctor. Surprisingly, Greyson did better on this hearing test. I’m surprised because I had convinced myself that he definitely still had fluid in both his ears. As it turns out, he passed the hearing screen for his left ear and failed the right ear hearing screen. According to the ENT doctor @ VCH Grey still has some existing fluid and mucus in his right ear, which is most likely causing the hearing loss.

I explained to the ENT doctor that I was certain both ears probably contained middle ear fluid because Greyson is very wobbly at times. Seriously, he's a webble. Remember those toys “webbles wobble but they don’t fall down” However, this little webble does fall down! He’ll be running and quickly veer of track and end up bouncing off a wall or door. The doctor is convinced that this might not be due to his equilibrium being off but simply because our little guy is light on his feet. His current small frame and light weight isn’t giving him a solid grounding, especially when he’s zooming through the house.



I’m still concerned with Grey’s ears but I am relieved that he is hearing at a normal level in at least one ear. I reported to the doctor that he says at least 6 words ( Gigi, Momma, Dada, duck, Ball and the new favorite NO!) The doctor seemed very please that he says 6 words. The new “No!” is very entertaining. I do my best not to laugh but he says it with such conviction. Me: “Grey let’s put on your jam jams!” Grey: “no!” The way he says it is hysterical.

We have another appointment in almost 3 months and we will discuss surgery and tubes at that time if the fluid still exists.

For now Mr. Toot Toot is running the house! I wish every one of you could spend the day with him… he is just precious.

By the way- I've started Greyson on Pedisure in hopes of promoting some weight gain. He seems to really like the flavor and I'm excited to be adding extra calories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to hear him talk! I need to see yall soon! It's been too long. Glad to hear his ears are doing a bit better. :)

Post a Comment