Thursday, March 18, 2010

Meet Greyson

So our March for Babies video has generated Grey Grey some publicity lately. I recently met with Jessica Ennis, Publications Editor, with Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital. She wanted to know a little more about our miracle baby after seeing the photo of him on their website and viewing our video. We had a very nice interview and there were definitely moments when I was choking back tears… this is the first time in months that I have allowed myself to revisit our NICU memories… these always come back with a rush of intense emotions. Seriously, I had forgotten the weeks surrounding Grey’s PDA and the looming heart surgery to correct the opened vessel- those days seemed to last forever. I remember having to leave Grey’s bedside several times because I was so sick with fear. And the odd feeling of constant exhaustion when all I had been doing was sitting next to his isolette all day. There were times when I thought I would have to crawl to my car- my body and mind were in two different places.

Talking to Jessica was very easy. She has a little one at home and easily sympathized with our NICU journey. I think she began to cry before me. I don’t meet a lot of people who can immediately relate to our experience and finding that special someone is always nice.

Well, here is the story published on the VCH website. Just click "Meet Greyson" and it will take you to the page.

You can also go to the homepage of the VCH website and find our story here as well. Go to the bottom of the page to "meet our patients" and you will see a pic of Grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment