Sunday, January 24, 2010

Moving & Grooving!


Grey is all over the place these days. It seems like he is constantly stretching, arching and leaning to get to everything! It seems like nothing goes untouched. Just the other day he was extremely sleepy and I was rocking him and we changed position in the chair and then he caught a glimpse of the nightlight and it was over. He was immediately alert and eager to explore the mysterious light.

He is officially in the crawling stage. His crawl is rather unstable but he is still getting around. He now stands in the crib when he awakes from his naps or feels like hanging out in the middle of the night. Grey was sick last week (probably a sinus infection) and I think I created a bad habit. He coughed and cried all night so I put him in the bed with Matthew and me. Well, now the cough has dissipated and he still stands and cries out in the middle of the night- of course I run in for the rescue and bring him to bed with us. His presence in the bed doesn't go unnoticed. A typical night consists of several face slaps, a few pinches and some hair pulling.

I spent the majority of the weekend making baby food. Grey is not a fan of peas! I knew this but wanted to try again with field peas. I fed him his breakfast this morning- cereal with bananas & kiwi, which he enjoyed. Since I had just finished steaming some field peas, Matthew decided to let him try a bite. Well, he made a horrible face, gagged and threw up his entire breakfast. Needless to say, I poured the pea mixture down the drain.


1 comment:

happymcfamily said...

So cute! Pretty soon he'll be climbing over the edge :-)

You'll have to share your favorite baby food recipes... we just began the adoption process, and I am thinking that this time around I will attempt making my own baby food at least some of the time, and even cloth diapering *gulp*. With Juliana there is no way I could have done any of that... it just took me way too long to recover. I figure it's worth a shot this time around since I won't be recovering from emergency surgery :-p

Post a Comment