Monday, July 6, 2009

D-Day



Wow, so today was supposed to be D-Day! My due date was July 6th. It is absolutely mind boggling to think that Greyson has been here for 97 days. When I really ponder the thought, I experience an overwhelming emotion that I can’t really identify- fear mixed with immeasurable gratitude. I cried in the car on the way to work today. Sometimes I think the dam is going to break and I might just cry for days, even weeks. I have felt so many stages of grief- shock, denial, guilt, anger. However, I now feel acceptance and hope. Greyson is a miracle and that’s the reality of this situation. I’ve prayed and begged for the health of this baby and our prayers have been heard. Grey has touched the lives of so many people and we are beyond fortunate to have such wonderful families and friends.

Now for the really exciting news, as of today, we are on a 5 day count down. If Greyson can go 5 days without having a spell then we will go home this Friday. Yes, I said HOME!! By the way- a significant drop in heart rate or oxygen levels that requires stimulation constitutes a spell. Greyson is such a big boy now- 6 pounds 9 ounces- I am confident that he will thrive at home. Last night he was actually sticking out his lip and pouting. I thought Gigi was going to cry, she was actually squealing and begging me to make him stop. Not that I haven’t mentioned this before but he is absolutely adorable- he makes my heart melt.

7 comments:

muggins mouse said...

amazing that he is so big now, it's incredible! so happy for you all - i'll pray that he makes it home soon! :)

Emily Herbert said...

Taylor is eager to meet her Cousin. She might even give him a little poke. Just kidding or maybe not? :) quit sweating....She wont poke him with supervision :)... Love Aunty Em.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Kiley,

I am so excited for you! I know you can't wait to bring your sweet boy home! I pray that he gets to come home this Friday.

Love, Denise & Will

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness! Mr Grey without his tube or nasal cannula!!! I am soooo proud of him! :) Hope to see you guys on Thursday!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome! I will pray that he has no spells and you guys can move on to the next big step...HOME! It is totally different when you don't have the nurses to help but it is great. And believe me the tears will keep coming as he gets older, thats just part of being a mom :)

Anonymous said...

So excited for you two! Congratulations on bringing home your sweet boy!

Post a Comment