Monday, February 15, 2010

Check-Up

Attempting to steal Tay Tay's pacifier


Grey playing in the refrigerator


Greyson had his 9 month check up today. I know, we are a little behind. He will be 11 months old on the 30th of this month. He weighed 14 pounds 5 ounces. I was definitely expecting him to weigh a little more but we do have an action plan. Grey needs to be drinking at least 24 ounces of formula a day. I am guessing that he usually drinks 18-20 ounces a day. He has lost some interest in the bottle since introducing solid foods. Moreover, he really enjoys eating his fruits and veggies and is very intrigued with what others are eating as well. It is kind of like having a little puppy dog around that stares at you with sappy eyes while waiting for a bite. Speaking of bite, Grey still hasn't cut any teeth. Our pediatrician says this is normal for a preemie but I'm still eager to see signs of a tooth- something to explain the drool :)

While shopping this weekend, a complete stranger came up to Matthew and said that Grey was beautiful and then asked if he was a preemie. She said she had worked with preemies for a long time as an RN years ago. We chatted for few minutes. She asked if TEIS (TN Early Intervention Services) had seen Greyson and I said no. She seemed a little taken aback by my direct “no” and explained that any baby born 15 weeks early should be seen by this program. Well, the conversation got me thinking and I've decide to call and at least ask for an evaluation. Not one of our healthcare providers has suggested we utilize the program. However, I think an assessment would be great. This program offers services beneficial to micro preemies, such as occupational, speech and feeding therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment